Wednesday 27 June 2012

Dehydrated Foods and Emotions

                        

The nice thing about dehydrated foods is that whilst we still have an addiction for cooked foods, eating these in moderation, eases the passage towards including more raw foods & variety in our diet. The thing to remember is that these foods are no longer live & vibrant although are considered raw in the Raw Food World, and they are very dehydrating if eaten without reconstituting them; an example of this is the wonderful array of crackers & breads that can be part of a raw food diet.

I have personally found that I have had an emotion "that I want my food to taste like everything I have ever known", which means at times, I am still seeking the pleasure of home cooked food associated with perceived mother nurturing issues as a child! This has extended beyond chosing living vegan foods over cooked vegan foods, to dairy products which of course are Not vegan.....cheese, glorious cheese in particular, being one of my big addictions !  It has been a gradual process eliminating cheese from my diet, & even now I struggle at times, simply craving it!!         

But am I craving the actual cheese or an unfullfilled emotion in that moment? For me, this has been very closely aligned with what I have previously considered & believed to be"mother nurturing" & when I am feeling lonely or unloved, these addictions for cheese in particular & also dairy products, kick in; at this point I need to Stop and fully Feel the emotion at hand, rather than raid the refrigorator looking for cheese...(any cheese at this point!) & each time I stop & do this, I find the process gets easier & the craving instantly stops. Another aspect to this has been sabotaging my desire to truly love & value myself in this same moment.........I intellectually know that living foods are the very best choice I can make, so why don't I automatically choose these delicious foods that God has provided each & everytime? What a gift to see & feel how closely my emotions are connected to certain foods. Knowing it intellectually is one thing, but feeling it in one's heart & experiencing it first hand, is quite another.

You may come to recognise that the "true power of raw organic lifeforce foods come from your own veggie garden or the farmer's markets." Connecting with farmers who love the earth and take pleasure in sharing the fruits of their labour with those who are connoiseurs of Earth's Bounty, is a real gift & one that will contribute to a healthier menu on family tables.

No comments:

Post a Comment