Tuesday 9 July 2013

Monkeys still fall out of Trees!






I was thinking recently about the many emotions associated with "throwing caution to the wind " & going for everything in sight that represents ultimate self destruction through unhealthy food choices!  I find breaking out can become a pattern if I loose sight of loving myself & I ignore the emotions associated with the so called "need" to throw all my "good intentions" out the window & dive for that processed fatty sugar laden morsel !

Our friends Mary & Yeshua were recently talking about this in another context, but I feel the same guidance applies with food. This is what they said......
 "Mary and I try to identify together whenever something is happening. So life is going along and then all of a
sudden we make a mistake and it feels like things go downhill from there and something terrible happens. So then we try to go back to this point just before the mistake. What many of you are doing is judging yourself for the terrible thing that happens afterward; “Why did I do that again, isn't that terrible?” all those kind of things. It's better to forget about that, that's just the results of the mistake; they are the effects. The more you focus on the effects the less you’re going to see the causes. So if you just focus on the effects you are going to get yourself into a bit of a morose mess generally. It's far better to go back to the point of the mistake and then ask yourself, "Why did I make that mistake?
What emotions were present? And how can I fix that mistake?" and you will also gain a lot of self esteem doing that."

How many times has this happened to you? Seeing you are reading this, I presume you are including more Raw Food & Healthy Choices in your diet. I am consequently making a prediction that some of you at least, have at some point fallen off or will fall off the "healthy" food thing, especially over the Winter months.....and Brrr, it is winter here in the Southern Hemisphere at the moment, so the temptation at times definitely kicks in, with every excuse known to man, to follow "this influence" especially when the winds are blowing & ice is settled on the window pane!
You may have labelled it a "binge" or a "craving" & in hindsight you felt you had let yourself down & didn't really want to eat what you had just eaten! "Guilt & even self punishment, a sense of failure or I'm not good enough to be able to follow through on this" are not emotions we want to carry around,  post the feast! I find it's like a very yucky feeling in the top of my tummy along with the struggle the body is having at the same time to digest the indulgence & does nothing to help support a healthy lifestyle...trust me! One can feel so unsuccessful in adopting these choices, such a failure at sticking to anything;  these emotions are not supportive either...... if we are not willing to truly feel them & find the cause of them being there I have found that the pattern will repeat itself over & over.
After hearing a friend say "Monkeys still fall out of trees", I thought about this some more.
I think it means that monkeys are expert at living in trees, but sometimes they fall out...but guess what? They are still monkeys! It doesn't make them any less of a monkey.
So I'm thinking....falling off the "healthy food choice wagon" doesn't make me any less me & we are able in that moment to pick ourselves up & go back to our original intention....it's actually quite OK..... and if we want to know, we can learn "why" it happened & what emotions kicked in to make the decision we did.   We realize that eating & including more living raw foods on our plate, is Not a Diet.....I am not on it or off it, it is a lifestyle choice & can even be an experiment I may undertake purely to feel the effects of those choices.


You may even decide to become "a raw food monkey & not be fearful of falling out of the tree!"










No comments:

Post a Comment