Monday 7 May 2012

Living Raw with Susan


I am on an exciting journey of self-discovery & in January 2012 I was fortunate enough to learn a lot about the benefits of incorporating more Raw Living Foods into my daily diet; I actually trained as a Gourmet Raw Chef in America during this period, something that still feels very strange & odd when I mention it to anyone! (I’m exploring this emotion!)

You see, it is not really about the food or the training, it is about loving myself, honouring the amazing body God gifted me & recognising all Her absolute gifts that have always been there; everywhere I look I see the total abundance of everything my body needs to stay healthy and all supplied in its delicious, natural state; choosing to be humble, seek truth & eat freshly grown living foods is like writing my own script for life.

I am now discovering the interconnection between my emotions, Love of God &myself & the foods I am drawn to eat. I had this thought to-day, that Raw Emotions & Raw Food actually go hand in hand & when I am not stuffing down my emotions with food (especially cooked food), magic is in the air! ......I have any number of “friends” in the Spirit world who have the same addictions as myself & delight in my reluctance to address my emotions at any given time.....at which point I find myself actually unconscious about the food choices I then make! These “so called friends” love dairy especially cream, butter & cheese, coffee, bread, hot foods & sugar laden delicacies! Shall I say, “They are definitely not Raw Foodies” but they are gifts none the less, as they let me know instantly that there is something I am Not feeling when I desire to eat these foods!

When I am feeling all of my emotions, there becomes a certain romance to it all! Love of God, Love of myself & Soul Mate & Love of life & food that tantalises every tastebud! ....and I must add...a deep Love & appreciation of nature & the miracles I see in the Creation.

Watching my sunflower seedling sprouts burst through the soil recently with my grandchildren, reminded me of just how awesome our Creator really is.......hearing the snap of cutting open a cold fresh watermelon with juice running everywhere on the bench, inhaling the citrus fragrance of peeling an orange, tasting a freshly picked
peach with the juice dripping out of my mouth, or seeing the vibrancy of freshly shredded carrots...I am amazed at how excited I can become about carrots! I think I may have discovered one of my passions....preparing & eating delicious raw living foods, sharing my passion & knowledge with others &the pure joy associated with this; I feel such gratitude for God’s gifts & a childlike sense of amazement when I finally manage to break open a fresh coconut! Not one of my recently acquired skills I might add!




I have always made food for others, lots of it in fact but I also have to admit that in the past it was about jumping through the hoops to please others & receive love from them! Throughout my life I have had so many addictions & unloving expectations about pleasing others, in order to get something in return, especially to receive love & acknowledgement ....... pretty ugly, eh?

This time my new found passion feels different, it’s like poetry or music, a dance between God & myself & the interconnectedness of all living things, including food.
With this in mind I would like to share a recipe for you to enjoy.

I always try & balance sweet, sour, salty, pungent & bitter flavours in any recipe along with healthy fats.

As an example try this Savory Smoothie:

Bitter- Use kale, bok choy, English spinach or Cos lettuce, parsley, cucumber & basil as a choice of greens.

Sour- add the juice of 1⁄2 lemon or lime to balance the bitterness of the greens

Salty- Add a stalk or two of celery 


Sweet- add 1 or 2 tomatoes or sweet fruits, mango,
apple, orange, stone fruit, banana 

Creamy healthy fat- add 1/2 an avocado or soaked nuts

Pungent- select a herb like ginger, garlic, turmeric, onion
powder, cayenne, chilli......but with due diligence!

Your own creativity is the only limitation. Blend with some ice & Enjoy!

Perhaps you too, might like to have fun creating vibrant health through feeling your emotions & incorporating more fresh living foods in your daily diet. 

Love Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment