Thursday 23 July 2015

What.......a Vegan Fish Sauce!


I seem to have a real Yum Yum desire for more Asian inspired meals these
days. I just love the ginger, garlic, coriander, chili, lime combo with noodles
( can spiralise your zucchinis to make fresh noodles if you wish) & all that
freshness of flavours & veg. Many traditional Asian recipes demand that dreaded
Fish Sauce as the total answer in acquiring the perfect result, & I have often
played around tweaking a recipe trying to achieve the desired result without
the Fish Sauce.
Well I have finally come across someone else who has come up with a real
solution, although I am not able to credit the person as she or he remain
anonymous.
Here is the Recipe with thanks to the mystery person for solving my dilemma!

1/2 cup of shredded wakame (sea weed)
2 cups water
2 large cloves of garlic
1 tea whole peppercorns
1/3 cup mushroom soy sauce
1 tea dark miso
Combine Wakame, garlic, peppercorns & water in a saucepan & bring
 to the boil & simmer for 20 mins Strain
Return the liquid to the saucepan, add the soy sauce & lightly boil until
reduced. Take off the stove & stir in the miso.

Decant into a glass bottle, seal & keep in the refrigerator for use.
Trust me....using this does add another layer of flavour to Asian Dishes,
so I can only recommend you might like to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment